“Drawing A Blank” Day

Phone calls and searches…nothing but a blank today.  I’ve already received several calls from Salt Lake before going on this trip, but all those jobs pay $9-12 per hour.  On my own, I would barely be able to survive on that…maybe.  Today, all the jobs I tried to track down, they’re all just above my head on me being qualified.  I couldn’t find anything that would work.  I looked for teaching jobs, but nothing that would match my certification.  I looked at TV jobs, but nothing that I could swing in a couple of days, or even a couple of weeks.  Two stations had job openings.  One had all the openings directed towards human resources.  No way I’d get anyone to talk to me there.  The other station had each different opening directed to different people.  That means I might get to talk to them, but the hiring process would go past the window Tara has for putting in her resignation if we were to leave.  No good.  No good at all.
Aunt Lori took me to lunch at this Mexican food restaurant that is known for being a spicy place.  The salsa was definitely pretty spicy.  I had the smothered burrito and a soft taco that was done with a massive tortilla!  The food was absolutely wonderful.  As always, the conversation with Aunt Lori (and Uncle Paul, too) was great.  While we were there, Garrett starting texting Aunt Lori.  He was at school, and Aunt Lori told me he must be massively bored because he never texts her during the school day.  He was still texting her when she was getting gas after.  So we went and picked Garrett up from school before heading back to the house.
I decided to spend the time that afternoon trying to track down contact information on one job I applied for that would be really good.  It’s basically a corporate learning coordinator.  So I’d create online training modules for the company.  It was about 4 by the time I found what I believed to be the address.  I still couldn’t find a phone number.  At that point though, I didn’t feel like getting clothes changed, getting cleaned up, and then making the drive.  Wasn’t really enough time.  So I decided to do it after Rachel’s graduation tomorrow.
We had steak tonight.  It was interesting, because the steaks were cooked on a part grill/part smoker.  I liked the taste.  Aunt Lori also put on a movie for me to watch.  After she realized I like rugby so much, she told me the other day about this movie that was based on a true story about a high school rugby team in Salt Lake that repeatedly won the national championship.  It’s called “Forever Strong”.  Very good movie.

Leave a Reply